The fun space saving design of this twin bunk bed will make a wonderful addition to your child's bedroom. Built-in ladders on each side offer convenience, while full length guard rails provide security.
Finish DescriptionLead free, epoxy powder coat finish that resists scratching or chipping, with high gloss finish.
Lead free, epoxy powder coat finish that resists scratching or chipping, with high gloss finish.
Construction & Materials
Case DetailSmooth clean edges and straight rounded legs.
Smooth clean edges and straight rounded legs.
Misc. TagsYouth Furniture
Item & Dimensions
Coordinating Guard RailsIncluded
Coordinating Guard Rails
Coordinating Bunk LadderIncluded
Coordinating Bunk Ladder
The Metal Beds Twin Over Twin Bunk Bed with Built-In Ladders, made by Coaster,
is brought to you by Value City Furniture. Value City Furniture is a local furniture store, serving the New Jersey, NJ, Staten Island, Hoboken area. Product availability may vary.
Contact us for the most current availability on this product.
This bunk bed collection features fun and inviting designs that will add cheerful character to your child's bedroom. This collection offers a number of different styled bunks that include full length guard rails for security and built-in ladders for convenience.
The Metal Beds collection is an amazing option if you are looking for Casual furniture. Our store serves the New Jersey, NJ, Staten Island, Hoboken area.
These images are representative of this group as a whole and may differ from this item.
A very good bed that could be great with a few changes
Reviewed on January 10, 2018
1) The most important thing by far is the weight it will support. The manufacturer website rates each bunk at 400 lbs, much more than most bunk beds like this. We wanted something that 2-3 of us could be on at the same time, to read, etc. without worrying about the bed collapsing.
2) Relatively easy to assemble. It comes in just a few pieces (the two ends, the two bunks, and the two rails). Step 1 is attach the ends and the bunks, Step 2 is attach the rails. It is actually possible to assemble the bed with one careful person, though maybe not ideal, and you only need help for the first few minutes. It took much longer to get the bunk bed pieces out of the box than it did to assemble it.
One assembly tip: I'd recommend using a rubber mallet, or a regular hammer cushioned by a block of scrap wood, to get the horizontal bunk pieces into the pockets that support them, so that you can install the bolts.
3) The color is a nice blue, not too bright but not dark.
4) The built-in ladders on the ends make it very compact - the ladder doesn't take up space in the room.
1) The space between the bunks is too little, about 31.5 inches. With a 6 inch mattress, that leaves just 25.5 inches of space. They could have, and should have, made the bottom bunk lower. It has 11.5 inches underneath the bunk, far more than is needed. I'm already thinking about how to hack the bed to lower the bottom bunk.
2) The flip side of having just a few pieces to assemble is that those pieces are large, too large to send by UPS. The box is the size of the end of the bunk bed. Also, it weighs 97 lbs. Given the size and weight, if you're having it delivered it will arrive by freight truck, and that can take some time.
3) It's almost inevitable that there will be some dents and scratches, given the weight of the pieces and the way they are packed. (Not much padding.) Luckily the damage was only cosmetic on ours, as it would be beastly to have to ship this back.
4) While overall the quality seems good, some of the welds seemed to be just enough - they were a tack on either side - and more likely to break than if they were welded all the way around where the parts join.
One tip on getting it upstairs: open the box downstairs and bring it up one piece at a time.
Similar search terms: Youth Bedroom Furniture, Furniture for Kids, Furniture for Children, Youth Bedroom Set, Bunk Bed, Kid Bunk Bed, Metal Bunk Bed, Loft Bunk Bed, Child Bunk Bed, Twin Over Full, Bunk Bed Futon, Bunk Bed with Desk, Bunk Bed with Ladder, Bunk Bed with Stairs, Bunk Bed with Trundle, Bunk Bed with Storage, Bunk Bed with Drawers, Bunk Bed with Built in Dresser, Bunk Bed with Steps, Single Bunk Bed, Double Bunk Bed, Bed Bunk, Bunkbed, Loft Bed, Loft Bunk, Bunk Bed Twin / Full, Twin Bunk Bed, Twin/Futon Bunk Bed, Bunk Bed Twin/Full, Twin / Twin Bun Bed, Bunk Bed with Extension, Full Size Bunk Bed, Twin Size Bunk Bed.